 |
Young Love
|
July 20th was the day of the Mayhem concert. It was the only night that I have ever worked the swing gate which let's the guest out at the end of the show. One guy kept hanging around and walking around the front gate area. Eventually, him and another guy came up to me and were just talking. The one particular guy asked how old I was and I said 17. He said his brother was 17 as well. And he told me to add his brother on facebook and insisted on us meeting. His brother wasn't at that show, but he said his brothers name was
Josh Ruble. The guy said his name is Joe and wouldn't leave me alone until I agreed to add him on facebook. I said I guess I would look him up and see what he's all about. When the show started his brother, Joe, went to his seat and told me to remember to add his brother and talk to him. When I went home I almost past by the computer, but I just kind of looked at it trying to remember the name he told me. I logged into facebook and searched Josh Rubel...nothing came up. I tried a different search...Joe Rubel. Nothing came uo, but a suggestion Joe Ruble instead of Rubel. I clicked on it and it was his brother. I searched Josh Ruble at least four times and on the fifth and final search he was at the top of the page. He was the only one that looked like the description that Joe described. I added him and only him. The next morning I checked and nothing...that afternoon he messaged me saying how his brothere told him about me and Verizon Wireless. We ended up talking more and texting. It eventually turned into a relationship that's still on going. We first started talking the day after Mayhem and he asked to hangout. We made plans and told me where he lived. It was about an hour away. I drove down there to just see if it could turn into something... and four months later were still going strong. July 23 was the first time we ever met and spent time together. If it wasn't for his brother telling me to add him or if I just walked past my computer and never logged onto facebook I would have never met the guy I now call my boyfriend.
Some people called me crazy for driving down there, but I took a chance to meet someone that could impact my life. And that day I didn't have a clue he would be this big of a part in my life. Young love some would call it, but I just call it taking a chance. Most people want to meet their soulmate, significant other, better half, when their young. They hope for a fairytale, but it doesn't always end up that way. If something comes along and you think something could happen from that one person I say take a chance... I did and it turned out in the best positive awy I could ask for. Some people think it's impossible to stay with someone through high school, college, and life for that matter, but if those two people were meant to be they will get through it even if they both are in young love with eachother.
I think how you and your boyfriend is super cute. I like what you said about taking a chance. You never know what could come frome a chance taken. Overall, I think your blog is great.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Julia when she says you never know where taking a chance could lead you. I honestly would never have the guts to drive an hour away to meet someone I have never seen before. So I think it's awesome that you took that chance. I wish you and your boyfriend the best of luck! (:
ReplyDeleteI'm on the same boat as Miranda. I would never have taken that chance. I'll admit when I first started reading your post I was pretty pessamistic about what you were saying, but by the end I was super happy for you. Not a lot of people would drive an hour to meet someone they've never met. I give you props for your believing and bravery.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Randie, I was pessamistic about it at first but I'm glad everything worked out perfectly and I hope it continues to be good. :) Your whole page is super cute though, love the polls on the side as well. Good job Katie!
ReplyDeleteAwe, I really like your blog post. I think it's such a cute story how ya'll met. I think your really brave for taking a chance to meet someone you have never seen before. I dont think I wouls be able to do that! Good luck and great job!!
ReplyDeleteAwww this was a cute blog post! I really liked how you admitted you were unsure at first but you decided to take a chance and see what it could turn into. How does your family feel about him? It sounds like you and Josh have a really strong relationship and I think that's just awesome. Great job on your blog Katie!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Miranda. There is no way I would drive an hour away to meet a boy I have never met before. But like you said, take a chance. I loved that. Taking a chance is all it takes. I wish you and your boyfriend the best of luck!:)
ReplyDelete